As I’ve been grappling with web2py, I’ve found a lot of useful posts and sites that have helped me along the way:
- How to Deploy Your App to PythonAnywhere: So easy it’s amazing. I’ve already deployed an app to see if I could.
- For CSS – I found this and this useful. I’ve learned a tiny amount of CSS (Thanks to Colleen van Lent!) but am now able to manipulate the layout of my apps.
- An Easy Way to Customize Forms
- web2py Cheat Sheet
- URL Mapping Notes – I’m still understanding how the URL function works in web2py but it’s very powerful from what I have gathered.
- DAL Quick Reference Guide
Update: consider using py4web, web2py’s successor
- py4web documentation: The database abstraction layer (DAL)
- py4web documentation: Installation and Startup
- Bonus: How to Make Mistakes in Python – Free for download.
See also: Getting Started With web2py